Thursday, March 22, 2007

Waterboyz and Some of Our Loyal Fans


Tonight we played our first CRC basketball game, and the results were a little less than we had hoped--we lost the game. But we gained so much more. I think we all had some serious jitters, and that will happen. Very few of us had played basketball together before, and we just lacked a little bit in confidence.

But it wasn't as a result of our fans. We had a large turnout to support us, and they had even more fun than we did I think.

And that's just the thing. You know, I had this mindset early in the week that we were just going to do so well with basketball--and I don't feel like any of us played up to our capabilities. But we had fun. We laughed. We had fun with our wonderful fans.

We had community. I made a couple of new friends tonight, and I think we all had some good laughs and some exciting moments on and off the court.

And more than that, we had each other. Community is such a gift. Regardless our outcome with these games, this is just a great group of people to hang out with.

If you are in town for our next game (April 9th) I hope you will come out and get in the mix!!!

Go Waterboyz!!!

2 comments:

Derek said...

Looks like a great time Billy. It would have been awesome to play in the league.

Good luck. I'll have to try and watch some games.

Baby Hancock said...

Billy-
Great seeing you at the wedding yesterday and getting an update on your mom.

BB looks like an awesome time!

Nina