Monday, February 11, 2013

Kid President Pep Talk and Back Story




A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine posted a link to the video above on his Facebook profile. With it, he included a statement about it being a long week, and that he hoped that if others had experienced a long week that this little “Pep Talk” might encourage folks to keep going.

So I watched it. I laughed. And I was reminded that the road less traveled hurts. I was reminded “'Don’t Stop Believin’ Unless Your Dream Is Stupid”~Journey as quoted by Kid President. I was reminded that there is something wonderful about stopping to dance amid what can feel like overwhelming circumstances.

I was tempted to write a post around the inspiration I found in watching Kid President’s Pep Talk, and then, when he and his brother-in-law released this video telling his back story, it inspired me further.





Rather than writing a long post, I simply pray that we may find the discipline and the courage to keep pushing, keep dancing, and keep bringing awesomeness into the world. Boring is easy. Let’s not be boring, but let’s change the world together!

No comments: